Monday, April 21, 2008
April 17, 2008
Refer to file No.: HAN2007579002
DETERMINATION OF ORPHAN STATUS
On March 04, 2008, you filed a Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative, Form I-600.
Having reviewed the petition and documents submitted, I am pleased to inform you that United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has determined that the child identified, Hoang Van Tran does qualify as an orphan, as defined by section 101(b)(1)(F) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. PLEASE NOTE: This is a preliminary determination that the beneficiary qualifies as an orphan, and is not a final adjudication of your Form I-600 petition. USCIS will make a final decision on your petition only after you have obtained and submitted the additional evidence described below. It is possible that other issues may arise that would require USCIS to deny your Form I-600.
In order for USCIS to complete the processing of your Form I-600, please complete the arrangements for the adoption and then submit the evidence described below to the United States Embassy, Hanoi.
If you (and your spouse, if married) will complete the adoption abroad, and you (and your spouse, if married), will have seen the beneficiary during or before the adoption proceeding, you must submit:
The adoption decree and proof of the completion of the giving and receiving ceremony; and
Evidence that you (and your spouse, if married) saw the child before or during the adoption proceeding in Vietnam.
If you (and your spouse, if married) will adopt the child in the United States, you must submit:
Proof that you, or someone acting on your behalf, have obtained custody of the child, with authority to bring the child from Vietnam to the United States for adoption;
Proof that the individual or entity who had custody of the child immediately before you obtained custody has consented to the child’s emigration and adoption; and
Proof that you have complied with any pre-adoption requirements that you may need to meet in the State in which you will complete the adoption.
USCIS will make a final decision on your Form I-600 as soon as possible after you submit this additional evidence.
Mary Ann Russell
Officer in charge
Sunday, April 20, 2008
We received some wonderful pictures today from Katherine, another CHI parent, who is in Vietnam right now picking up her new daughter! She was so kind to take Ephraim the little blankie he is holding in the picture and took some pictures of him crawling! We were so glad to see him in action!
- November 8 - Application Mailed
- November 22 - Accepted
- November 24 - I-600A Mailed
- November 27 - Delivery Confirmed
- November 28 - Receipt of I-600A
- November 30 - Fingerprint Notice
- December 15 - Home Study Update
- December 21 - Stacey Fingerprinted
- December 28 - Added to List (#116)
- January 24 - Home Study Mailed
- January 25 - Ben Fingerprinted
- February 8 - Waiting List (#111)
- February 20 - Waiting List (#109)
- February 27 - Waiting List (#105)
- March 8 - Waiting List (#101)
- March 22 - Waiting List (#99)
- April 19 - Waiting List (#98)
- April 25 - Dossier Authentication
- May 2 - Delivery Confirmed
- May 2 - Added to SN Wait List
- May 3 - Waiting List (#97)
- June 7 - Waiting List (#86)
- June 25 - Dossier Translated
- June 28 - On Waiting List Six months
- July 9 - Waiting List (#81)
- August 6 - Waiting List (#4 SN)
- August 8 - Waiting List (#76)
- September 7 - Waiting List (#70)
- October 8 - Waiting List (#67)
- October 22 - Waiting child -- OURS!!
- October 23 - Official Referral Date
- October 25 - Letter #1 Submitted
- October 29 - Referral Receipt - CHI
- February 5 - Fingerprint Request
- February 7 - Proof of Delivery
- March 1 - All Fingerprinted
- March 3 - I-600 Application Mailed
- March 5 - I-600 Acknowledgement
- April 17 - I-600 Approval!
- May 2 - Original G & R Date
- May 3 - Fly to Ho Chi Minh City
- May 5 - MEET EPHRAIM!
- May 6 - Drive to Kien Giang
- May 7 - G & R Ceremony
- May 8 - Medical, Apply for Passport
- May 12 - Fly to Hanoi
- May 13 - Visa appointment at USCIS
- May 14 - Pick Up Visa, Fly Home
- May 15 - Arrive in Nashville!
- May 23 - Certificate of Citizenship
- June 12 - Re-Adoption Filed by Court
- July 3 - Tennessee Birth Certificate